At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the components of smoke and the forces that govern its movement.
- Identify the techniques employed to control airflow by pressurization, purging and building design.
- Recognize HVAC codes that govern smoke control and equipment used to prevent the movement of smoke.
- Determine when fire doors are required and how their operation controls smoke movement.
- Recognize smoke control equipment symbols on electrical and mechanical blueprints and determine their use.
Credit Hours: 2